How to Get Rid and Cover Up Under Eye Bags
No one wants to wake up to see those dreaded eye bags underneath their peepers in the morning. Whether it’s from too much partying, too much work. or too much Netflix, dark and puffy eyes can make you look a little bit zombie scary (not to mention five years older). Keep those late nights your little secret with these effective home remedies to banish those bags–and if all else fails, concealer is your best friend!
Bursting with nourishing vitamins and minerals, almond oil is great for lightening the skin and reducing darkness. It also hydrates and rejuvenates the delicate skin around the eyes, keeping it plump and moisturised. Apply before bedtime for an overnight pamper treatment.
This one’s a bit strange, but as well as being delicious, these starchy root vegetables have awesome anti-inflammatory and natural bleaching properties. Chill a potato in the fridge, peel and grate it to extract the juice, and apply around the eyes with a cotton ball. Alternatively, you can place two slices of potato directly on your eyes for 15-20 minutes.
Instantly de-puff and tighten the eye area with this handy trick. Beat a few egg whites until they’re stiff and carefully apply around the eyes with a brush. Leave it on until it begins to dry, before washing off with cold water.
An old classic that your grandma probably used back in her day. Green tea or chamomile work best because they’ve got lots of antioxidants and tannins to help lighten dark circles and reduce swelling. Place brewed tea bags in the fridge for at least half an hour before applying for a relaxing, cooling sensation.
Tips for concealing under the eyes:
- Use a concealer with a slight pink/orange undertone to counteract the blue tones of the dark circles.
- Don’t apply concealer directly onto the bags. This will accentuate, not hide them, and only make your eyes look puffier.
- Instead, apply it directly below them to minimize the shadow and create a uniform skin tone.
- Avoid using dark and heavy liner on your bottom lashes as they tend to draw more attention to any dark circles.
- Tap a translucent powder on top to set the concealer and stop it from seeping into fine lines throughout the day.