Get Salon-perfect Legs at Home with new VEET Spawax (Sponsored)
Veet Spawax Stripless Wax Warming Kit review and step-by-step how-to guide – fuss-free home waxing with no strips.
Ladies, time to trade up your wax. And with this new product, your trips to the salon will be a thing of the past. We found an easy to use wax system that you can use at home. The new Veet hair removal range leaves your skin hair-free and it looks and feels impeccably smooth.
We tried and tested the new Veet Spawax and loved it. The packaging, process, and the result are impressive, so I thought I would show you how to use it. The beauty of this kit is that it is quite revolutionary (sounds exaggerated but bear with me). There are no strips included in the kit as the wax becomes the strip when it cools down. It hardens on your skin and all you have to do is whip it off. Easy, less fuss, right?
What’s inside the box:
The Veet Spawax starter kit comes with a warming pod, a spatula, electrical cable, 6 stripless wax discs that could cover a whole body depilation and a user manual.
How to use the Veet Spawax kit (as directed on the box):
Step 1: Place the wax discs into the pod. Make sure you add enough discs, here’s a cheat sheet on how many you may need:
Your cheat sheet:
4 wax discs – both half legs
1 wax disc – underarm
1 wax disc – bikini area
6 wax discs – full body
Step 2: Plug in the pot. The warmer will then begin to melt the discs and will take around 20 to 30 minutes depending on the amount of discs you have. And while waiting, feel free to make yourself some tea.
Step 3: Once the wax is melted, scoop wax using the spatula and apply a thick layer in the direction of the hair re-growth (from knee to ankle). How thick? As thick as an orange peel. Try to make the end of the strip slightly thicker so that you can grip. And if you’re wondering if the wax is hot, it’s not. It should be warm enough that it won’t burn your skin. Pro tip: Careful though, don’t use wax if you have irritated skin. Always read the label and manual.
Step 4: Now this won’t take long. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds until the wax solidifies. Grasp the end of the wax and pull the strip against the direction of hair growth (from ankle to knee) as fast as you can.
- Worried about cleaning up? Just leave the remaining wax in the pot. You can reuse it next time. While cleaning the spatula is as easy as scraping the remaining wax onto the Wax Scraper Bar (corner of the spatula handle inside the pot).
- What does it smell like? The scent is quite light (nothing like the strength of a nail polish smell). The light fragrance is a combination of purple lily and a sugar fig.
- How often do you need to wax? It’s the same as regular waxing. Hair re-growth may vary.
- Do I need anything else when doing this? Light up a scented candle and play relaxing music. Everything you need is already included. The instructions are quite straightforward. So you should be able to relax while doing this.
- How much is the starter kit? RRP $79.99 at your local supermarket and pharmacy. Keep an eye out for promotions at your store.
- Do you have to buy a new kit? No, the pot and spatula can last you a long time. All you have to do is purchase a Veet Spawax Stripless Wax Refill available at $18.00 for a pack of six.
Veet Spawax is now available at your local supermarket: New World, Pak N Save, Countdown, Life Pharmacy this February 2016. For more information, click here.
8th March: updated prize
24th March: Congratulations to Sarah W. from Christchurch for winning!
We have a Veet pack and a $100 Prezzy Card to giveaway to one lucky reader. Entry is open to those 18 years old and over, and all you have to do is sign up below and share with us your beauty regime to keep your legs smooth and radiant.
– Competition is open to New Zealand residents only.
– The winner will be drawn 24 March 2016.
– See [http://xynz.co.nz/competition-terms-and-conditions/] for full terms and conditions.
– Mobile Phone and Tablet Users: The competition app does not work on mobile phones or tablets, please switch to your desktop or go to: [CLOSED] – If the form below does not work on your browser, please go to: [CLOSED]
– Contact [email protected] if you have questions or need help with the competition[CLOSED]
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Veet, but all thoughts and opinions are author’s own.