Brother Design Stars 2016: Shine Bright
On its third year, Brother Design Stars encourages students in school years 7 to 13 to enter one of two award categories – fashion or craft – for their chance to win thousands of dollars’ worth of prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences including being featured in the inaugural New Zealand Fashion Week Graduate Show supported by Brother. This year’s partnership with New Zealand Fashion Week (NZFW) gives all award finalists the opportunity to showcase their designs as part of the industry’s largest fashion event of the year.
Who can join?
- Students in years 7 to 13 in New Zealand. There will be two age groups: years 7 to 9 and 10 to 13
What are the categories?
- Fashion – create a runway-ready fashion item, or outfit, which relates to this year’s theme, ‘Shine Bright’.
- Craft – create a unique and eye-catching bag that relates to this year’s theme, ‘Shine Bright’.
Tip: If you’re feeling extra creative, you can enter both categories.
- To be announced. One thing for sure, if you’re one of the finalists you will be featured at this year’s NZFW
- Registrations open: 2 May
- Registrations close: 8 July
- Physical entries received by: 15 July
- Winners announced: Late August
To enter and more information, go to www.brotherdesignstars.co.nz