Sneak Peek at NZ’s First Mecca Maxima Christchurch
It’s been a long time coming and we’re so glad it’s finally here! Today, beauty heaven aka Mecca Maxima has officially launched its first New Zealand store in Christchurch’s ANZ Centre. Local beauty junkies have plenty of reasons to celebrate with lots of MECCA-mazing offerings and goodies up for grabs on grand opening day. And by “goodies” I mean every customer who spends $70 walks away with a gift including the ever-so-popular Urban Decay palettes, Mecca gift cards, NARS lipsticks and more.
The most coveted beauty brands like Too Faced, Urban Decay, Mario Badescu, Lipstick Queen and Drunk Elephant are some of the exclusives to showcase in the 140 square metre store. It offers customers the latest in makeup, skin, hair and fragrance from leading global beauty brands. Tip: Mario Badescu’s Drying Lotion (made famous by the Kardashians) is an excellent spot treatment, so say bye-bye to blemishes.
The Ultimate Mecca Maxima Experience:
16 November: I spent the day at the Garden City for an exclusive sneak peak of the beautiful store (literally). It was colourful, bright and shiny – it almost lures you into some kind of beauty heaven. As you enter the store, you almost feel a slight panic with the first thing to see on your left is Hourglass and Urban Decay to you right. Following my tactical shopping regime, I worked my way around starting from the left section, with a pink lemonade drink on hand and a mental list of “things to definitely get.” Also, the girls at Mecca are all lovely; they know a lot about each product in store so be sure to ask for help, whether it be getting the right shade for your skin tone or background knowledge about brands. Two hours later, I ended up flying back to Auckland with two paper bags full of amazing products. No regrets.
Our MECCA-mazing Must-Haves:
Ta-da! Here’re a few goodies that are available in store and online. Product list and prices below. Fun fact: Lipstick Queen’s Frog Prince is an emerald green lipstick that transforms into magical rosebud upon contact with the lips.
For the rest of us, www.meccabeauty.co.nz has been updated to answer some of our beauty dreams. Get your glam on, ladies.
- Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette, $91
- NARS Orgasm Blush and Laguna Bronzer Duo, $66
- Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick in Sell Out, $33
- Stila Naturally Nude Liquid Lipstick Set, $30
- Lipstick Queen in Frog Prince, $39
- Urban Decay Oil Control Makeup Setting Spray, $25-54
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, $35
- NARS Sheer Glow Foundation, $71
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette, $78
- BareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF15, $44
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette, $98
- Chosungha 22 Dong Gong Minn Brow Maker, $34
- Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil, $25-75
- Mario Badescu Skin Care Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rose Water, $18
- Urban Decay Vice Lipstick, $31
- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner, $34
- Mecca Tool Kit Blender Sphere (hypoallergenic and latex free)
- Frank Body Original Coffee Body Scrub, $25
Thank you Mecca Maxima for the beauty-filled day!