These GLO Cookbook Recipes are Ideal for Wellness Foodies
Food lovers are always on the lookout for new café and restaurant openings, but finding easy recipes that are yummy/healthy is even better. Local wellness expert and entrepreneur Sarah Tanner has announced the release of her debut GLO (Greenleaf Organics) Cookbook. Focusing on organic and plant-rich recipes along with Tanner’s top vitality tips.
The cookbook features 110 pages of easy and affordable recipes that the whole family will love, from Plant Lover Nachos to Adoring Avocado Ice Cream! Each recipe is sure to please every health conscious foodie that are looking for something with maximum nutrition in minimum preparation time. Below is a recipe from the cookbook which you can make in just 30 minutes!
What began as a small organic smoothie business in 2014 has blossomed into what is now known as Greenleaf Organics with the support of Tanner’s brother and co-owner Mike Priddy. The Greenleaf Organic Café now serves delicious GLO dishes from their plant-based menu along with a range of takeaway treats to enjoy on the go.
Recipe: Tokyo Soba Salad
Ingredients – serves 4
- 2 packets soba noodles, look for 100% buckwheat
- 1 cucumber, spiralled or julienned
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger root
- to garnish, black sesame seeds, pickled ginger and fresh coriander leaves
- Start by preparing the dressing by placing all the ingredients into a blender and whizzing until smooth. Set aside.
- Spiral or julienne the cucumber and set aside.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. The only take a few minutes so don’t walk away!
- Drain the noodles once they have cooked, gently stir through the dressing and garnish.
The GLO Cookbook is now available online and instore for $35.