An easy to make and a delicious classic cheeseburger recipe by Jo Wilcox that you can make this weekend.
• 500g lean premium beef
• 1 onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon beef stock powder
• 1 tablespoon Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
• ½ cup soft breadcrumbs
• Sea salt & cracked pepper
• 20g butter
• 2 onions, finely sliced
• Dash of balsamic vinegar
• Sprinkle of brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
• ¾ cup Best Foods Mayonnaise
• 4 slices swiss style cheese
• Summer greens
• 4 brioche style burger buns
1. Combine the beef mince with the onion, garlic, stock, mayonnaise and breadcrumbs and mix thoroughly.
2. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape into generous patties and chill until required.
3. Heat the butter in a pan and sauté the onions for 4-5 minutes until soft and fragrant.
4. Add the balsamic, brown sugar and mustard, cook for 2 minutes then cool.
5. Fold cooled onion mixture into the mayonnaise.
6. Heat the bbq grill or grill pan and cook the patties 4-5 minutes each side until well coloured and cooked through.
7. Transfer the patties to an oven tray and top each with a slice of cheese.
8. Grill the patties for 1-2 minutes until the cheese is melted.
9. Spilt and toast the buns, spread each with a little onion mayo mixture then arrange with a few green leaves, top with the melting cheeseburger patties and finish with a spoonful of mustard-onion mayonnaise and cracked pepper.
We have a Best Buy Gift Pack that you could win. All you have to do is sign up to the form below and tell us in the comments ‘Do you prefer your burger well done or medium rare?’.
The Best Buy Prize Pack:
- 1x Best Foods branded tote bag
- 1x Best Foods branded oven mit
- 1x Best Foods branded burger spatula
- 4x Best Foods Real Mayonnaise 405g
- Open to New Zealand residents only.
- Competition ends 26th May 2017. The winner will be notified via email provided.
- Our Competition Terms and Conditions.
- For questions or more information about this competition, please email us at email@example.com
- If the form is not working (not compatible with some mobile devices, please go to this page click here.
2. Tell us in the comments below, do you prefer your burger well done or medium rare?
Special thanks to Best Buy for sponsoring this competition.