I want to write for XYNZ Magazine — where do I start?
If you are familiar with XYNZ’s vibe and think you have something to share with our readers:
- Briefly tell us why you want to be a contributor
- Include your CV
- Attach your write-up with imagery (you must own or have permission to use the images/artwork)
Our goal is to create an XYNZ Community of self-starters who value creativity and conversation through writing. We’re always on the lookout for fresh views and pioneering insights, and we appreciate new talents as long as they are aligned with the direction of the magazine.
Let’s talk, [email protected]
What we’re looking for:
- Honest content that fits in with XYNZ. Our style is informal and conversational.
- Our readers are looking for informative yet entertaining pieces. Aged 16-35.
- Submission is open to New Zealand residents only.
What we’re not looking for:
- Promotional write-ups are at the discretion of the XYNZ team. Add more content to the story rather than promoting a person/brand/product/event/etc. Press releases are not accepted.
- Plagiarised content.
- Hate speech. Good vibes only.
Who should submit?
- Journalism and communication students who want experience and/or exposure.
- Young artists wanting to promote their work.
- Aspiring or freelance writers.
- Ideally aged 18-30 (under aged authors will be required to send us parental consent).
- Anyone who would love to share their work, thoughts and experiences to thousands of readers.
I want to contribute but don’t know what to write. Help!
- Talk about your favourite cafes/restaurants/cheap eats.
- Got a talented mate? Interview and write a story about them.
- Inspire other people, whether it be about fashion, tech, beauty, music, etc.
- Had bad hair and found a better way to fix it? Share your life-hacks.
- Fashion enthusiast? Share your fashion picks and tricks.
- Your weekend Netflix/movie playlist.
- Your Spotify/Tidal/Apple Music playlist.
- Keen traveller? Share your experience and tips for first-time or young travellers alike.
Good to know
- This is an unpaid contribution.
- Editing: XYNZ has the right to reject section(s) or an entire submission for readability.
- Every submission goes through grammar and plagiarism check.
- The write-up you are submitting is not and won’t be published elsewhere. Only on XYNZ.
- You will be credited as the author of the piece.
- You should credit your sources. Avoid deep linking.
- For queries, email [email protected]